Manhattan Victorian Cloth-Top Button Boots are based on original antique button boots in museum collections and our own archive of historic footwear. They feature true historical functionality with a 9-button closure paired with cotton canvas uppers and French heels for a snazzy look.
PRE-ORDER. Estimated Delivery Date - March 2023. Pre-order shoes are not yet in stock and will begin shipping after they arrive, along with anything else in your order. If you wish to order an in-stock item and want to receive it sooner, please place two separate orders. See our pre-order schedules page for more information on delivery dates.
Wear Manhattan button boots with late Victorian and Edwardian attire, be it historical, cottagecore, dark academia, or historybounding. Manhattans are accurate for the 1890s all the way through to about 1925.
You will need a button hook to easily close your boots. Button hooks are sold separately.
Materials & Sizing
- Uppers are high grade, soft calfskin leather with cotton canvas.
- Custom made French heels are 2 in / 5 cm high, and perfectly balanced for all-day comfort.
- 100% leather soles with sealer
- Lined with a leather collar and canvas lining.
- Ball buttons set on elastic.
- Shaft measures 6.5 in / 16.5 cm high
- Top circumference measures 10.5 in / 27 cm
- Ankle circumference measures approximately 10 in / 25.4 cm
- "B" width (average).
- Buttons can be moved in or out for tighter or looser fit through ankle and calf
- Runs true to size for most customers.
- Order a half-size larger for wide-width feet, or if you prefer your shoes to fit more loosely, or intend to wear with thicker stockings.
- A button hook is strongly recommended for ease of closure; sold separately